sony tx1xp fan control

Hiya,

I bought a sony vaio tx1xp a couple of months back, wiped 'doz and
installed Kubuntu.

Lovely as pie, and I am a very happy bunny.  If anyone wants the
details, see [1]

However, the fan turns on/off every few seconds, and it is starting to
annoy me.  Even when running on a battery and the CPU is doing nada.

So ... I have googled and poked around the acpi drivers as best I can,
but I'm stuck.

Any pointers on how I can control the fan on this thing?

M.

[1] http://tinyurl.com/d8fjs

ps. the laptop rocks.  highly recommended unless a large screen is
something you find important.