Re: Dell Inspiron 1100 : TV Out?

I had a similar problem connecting an inspiron 1100 laptop to a projector via a s-video cable, I didn't find how to tell the laptop to direct the signal to s-video; belive me, I explore all the places you can imagine in my laptot. After navigate one half of the www, I downloaded and install the bios A32 release (I had version A29), available at dell ( <<http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh&SystemID=INS_PNT_CEL_1100&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=5003&typecnt=1&releaseid=R87514&vercnt=8>>), there's an issues fixed since A30 release  that say: "4. Append the TV out function into Intel 2984 VBIOS on Inspiron 1100." (by the way, it was pretty easy the bios update procedure for inspiron 1100)

This corrected the problem!!, when you connect the s-video cable, the option  "tv out" appears. Click the right button on any place at the desktop, a windows appears, select "graphics options" -- "output to" and there is an option "tv-out". note: you'll see this option only when a s-video cable is connected (just to make it more easy)....

The bad news: After all the above and a couple of days, I finally could project the laptop screen (my projector is an ibm ILM 300) however the image was terrible, it was totally blurred, so I had to buy the cable for the DVI interface (XGA to DVI, one of the interfaces in this projector).

The image projection now is absolutely clear......

hope this help

Regards.

J. Zam.