Re: Thinkpad t40p with Linux Kernels 2.4 <-> 2.6

Stefan,

> Stefan Schmidt <stefan@sostec.de> [2005-03-25 01:49]:
>
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 10:56:52PM +0100, Lukas Ruf wrote:
>
> With normal acpi, there is an acpi event, when you close the lid.
> I'm not sure, if there is an acpi event, when pressing Fn+F4. You
> need the event, to execute the shell script.
>
> The other thing i mean, is that there are more events with the
> ibm-acpi module. If you press Fn+F1, it give an event, and it is
> another than Fn+F7 for example.

ok, this I have understood.   How can I find out what events are
handled how?

> > So, you do not use software-suspend 2??  Does this mean 2.6.11.5
> > would do hibernation on swap-partitions too?  Is this the trick
> > with the 'resume=/dev/hdaX' kernel parameter when booting Linux?
>
> Sorry, i wrote mistakable. I don't use hibernate at all. Only
> suspend to ram with acpi.

ok, that's a pity but I could live with it if standby reliably worked.

> > crashed my system ten days ago.....  So, I would need to give it a
> > try without sw2....
>
> That ist not nice. On the linux-thinkpad ml i read a lot about sw2
> 2.6.* and ibm-acpi, it should work. Maybe you can search the
> archive, and find a hint.

Well, it crashed tonight again when the laptop came back from
standby...

In fact, I would prefer standby to work reliably instead of
hibernate...

Thanks!

wbr,
Lukas