Re: Help, installing Nvidia driver

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 10:25:50PM -0700, Rony wrote:
> Hi,
> Read from an article stated must have .config in the kernel source
> directory? How to produce a .config that suits my system? Many thx.

Check with
  uname -a
which kernel you have running. Then copy from
the correct version config file. Then you need to compile the
kernel, otherwise nvidia installer is not satisfied. But no need
to install, it is enough to have a kernel source tree with compilation
results in that directory.

Tapio Lehtonen
GPG public key from http://www.iki.fi/Tapio.Lehtonen