Re: Help, installing Nvidia driver

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 10:25:50PM -0700, Rony wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Read from an article stated must have .config in the kernel source
> directory? How to produce a .config that suits my system? Many thx.

Check with
  uname -a
which kernel you have running. Then copy from
  /boot/config-xxx
the correct version config file. Then you need to compile the
kernel, otherwise nvidia installer is not satisfied. But no need
to install, it is enough to have a kernel source tree with compilation
results in that directory.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
Tapio.Lehtonen@IKI.FI