Sitecom wireless lan card

Hi list,
	I've recently been tring out a sitecom WL-120 pcmcia cardbus
wireless LAN card. running on a dell latitude 610 under unstable,

when running the 2.4.25 kernel built from kernel.org source
then the card is sort of visible (in socket 0)

>cardctl ident
Socket 0:
  no product info available
  manfid: 0xbd59, 0x5f05
  function: 184 ((null))
Socket 1:
  product info: "3Com Corporation", "3CCFE575BT", "LAN Cardbus Card",
"001"
  manfid: 0x0101, 0x5157
  function: 6 (network)

cardctl info
PRODID_1=""
PRODID_2=""
PRODID_3=""
PRODID_4=""
MANFID=bd59,5f05
FUNCID=184
PRODID_1="3Com Corporation"
PRODID_2="3CCFE575BT"
PRODID_3="LAN Cardbus Card"
PRODID_4="001"
MANFID=0101,5157
FUNCID=6

but the manfid and function change every time I boot.
Running the 2.6.2-686 kernel image I don't seem to find the card info at
all. (only the 3com card info).
	Anyway, I'm happy that the bus in this laptop, and the card itself
are working fine , as I have observed similar behaviour with the card
running linux on another (dual-booting) laptop, which can use the card
correcly under windows 98.
	Does anyone have any experience with this particular pcmcia card
in linux? I've contacted support at sitecom support, but I expect this
list will give me quicker and more helpful responses :-). The site says
that 'Sitecom have made a decision to be more actively
involved with Linux' though, so maybe I'll be lucky!
	Any help would be greatly aprreciated.

				James

				James Ferrando
				james@ferrando.co.uk