Re: trackpoint and the 2.6.3 kernel

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 08:55:02PM +0100, Michael Ott wrote:
> Hello Werner, hello Sridhar!
>
> > > I'm running unstable and I upgraded my kernel to 2.6.3 from 2.4.24.
> > > Everything is now working fine except my trackpoint. Strange as it may
> > > seem, I actually like using both!!!
> >
> > You may check, whether `modprobe psmouse' helps. To be honest,
> > my mouse didn't work anymore, when upgrading to 2.6.x either, and this
> > approach got her running ;-)
> >
> > But just in case this doesn't work for you, try `modinfo -p psmouse'
> > and fiddle with the options shown. If you didn't build psmouse as a
> > module, you should try that.
> >
> > If this doesn't help, try to built the psmouse driver into the
> > kernel (from my experience this was necessary with former Kernel
> > generations).
> I have the same problem but psmouse is loaded. It does not work when you
> load the module psmouse on start and after then hotplug is started.
>
> But after remove the psmouse module and load it again it works.

Hi Michael and Werner,

thanks for replying. It works now. Initially I had some problems with
my /etc/modules as I didn't want to break my 2.4 setup and so I used
to manually load psmouse, uhci-hcd and evdev for the touchpad and my
mouse to work.

I edited my /etc/modules and now have these modules load up correctly.
And now everything seems to work correctly with both the touchpad and
trackpoint.

thanks,
sridhar