Re: trackpoint and the 2.6.3 kernel

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 11:40:36AM -0500, Sridhar Srinivasan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Dell Inspiron 4100 with both a touchpad and the little stick
> mouse (I believe it is called a trackpoint).
>
> I'm running unstable and I upgraded my kernel to 2.6.3 from 2.4.24.
> Everything is now working fine except my trackpoint. Strange as it may
> seem, I actually like using both!!!

You may check, whether `modprobe psmouse' helps. To be honest,
my mouse didn't work anymore, when upgrading to 2.6.x either, and this
approach got her running ;-)

But just in case this doesn't work for you, try `modinfo -p psmouse'
and fiddle with the options shown. If you didn't build psmouse as a
module, you should try that.

If this doesn't help, try to built the psmouse driver into the
kernel (from my experience this was necessary with former Kernel
generations).

	Werner

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Berliner Str. 122 = D-13187 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe at tuxmobil.org>     T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86