trackpoint and the 2.6.3 kernel

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 4100 with both a touchpad and the little stick
mouse (I believe it is called a trackpoint).

I'm running unstable and I upgraded my kernel to 2.6.3 from 2.4.24.
Everything is now working fine except my trackpoint. Strange as it may
seem, I actually like using both!!!

My touchpad with the synaptics driver and I have got a USB mouse to
play nice as well but the trackpoint is baffling me.

Anyone else have a similar problem or even better a workaround?

thanks,
sridhar