copy/paste

I'm not sure whether this is a Debian question, but could someone tell me
how to copy text out of a pine (email) session on a remote linux/unix
computer (connected to via ssh) into e.g. an xemacs buffer or mozilla
running under Debian on my laptop? ctrl-insert and shift-insert seem to do
it in Pine, but shift-insert does not paste into e.g. xemacs text copied
with ctrl-insert in pine.

Thanks a lot,
dan

Dan Davison
Committee on Evolutionary Biology, University of Chicago, USA
Field Museum of Natural History, Chicago, USA
http://home.uchicago.edu/~davison/