Dell D800, kernel 2.6, and nvidia-glx

Hi there,

I've got my lovely new D800, with debian unstable/experimental and kernel 2.6.2. after a bit of fiddling, I've managed to get X up and running, but I'm having issues with apps that use gl. A friend who knows a hell of a lot more about linux than I do told me to dpkg-reconfigure nvidia-glx, and turn off TLS.

This works a charm; gl applications such as tuxracer and glxgears now work fine, but on reboot, X refuses to start. I get the nvidia binary driver splash screen, but it flicks on and off a few times, and then a black screen.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get X to load and still be happy about running gl applications?

Thanks,

Conor Fitzpatrick