dell live dock/undock

I just got a dell c dock ii for my latitude c810 and I was wondering what it would take to be able to dock/undock while the machine is running.

Info about the computer:

debian/unstable
kernel from the main branch on kernel.org 2.6.2
nvidia drivers for X
cpu frequency controlled with the acpi-cpufreq (and powernowd for live control)
alsa drivers for the maestro3

hostap and madwifi modules for the various 802.11 cards I use

Oh, and I don't know how to get the sound to switch to the docking stations sound connectors.  Is it just some weird alsa setting?

Rafi