Re: ACPI problem

> I'm now just wondering why those moduls were not loaded at boottime as
> it was the case before I did the upgrade. Or with other words: How can I
> make it happen, that those moduls will be loaded at boottime? Do I have
> to edit /var/lib/dpkg/info/acpid.config? Is it a better idea to compile
> those moduls fixed into the kernel?

add the name of modules to be loaded at boot time in your /etc/modules file.
e.g. I have:

wx672@debian:~$ cat /etc/modules
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
# a "#", and everything on the line after them are ignored.

#af_packet
agpgart

processor
thermal