ACPI problem

Hello together,

I got some problems on my Notebook since I did an "apt-get upgrade" on my Debian sid. Either acpi or acpid was involved in my last upgrade and when I was asked which configuration I would like to use, I chose the manufacture's one (maybe that was the mistake). Anyway, after this upgrade I cannot use most of the useful acpi functions anymore, even if this was possible before I upgraded. I run here a Kernel 2.6.2 and 2.4.24, both with the full ACPI support.
For example:
root@Moe:~# acpi -V
No support for device type: battery
No support for device type: thermal
No support for device type: ac_adapter

I am also not able to adjust the performance of the CPU in /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/performance
I can restart acpid, but that does not help:
root@Moe:~# /etc/init.d/acpid restart
Stopping Advanced Configuration and Power Interface daemon: acpid.
Starting Advanced Configuration and Power Interface daemon: acpid.

My packages are:
root@Moe:~# apt-cache policy acpi
acpi:
  Installed: 0.07-1
  Candidate: 0.07-1
  Version Table:
 *** 0.07-1 0
        500 http://ftp2.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

root@Moe:~# apt-cache policy acpid
acpid:
  Installed: 1.0.2-8
  Candidate: 1.0.2-8
  Version Table:
 *** 1.0.2-8 0
        500 http://ftp2.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Does anyone have an idea what I can try to do next? I'd appreciate any answers.

Martin