[Fwd: Re: acroread/battery]

(oups, didn't reply to the list)
Alessandro Speranza wrote:
Hi guys.
Hi
[...]
Second question, laptop specific.
This morning I went battery shopping for my laptop (compaq presario 700). It cost me 145 euro+vat, and I had to buy, because the other one was completely done. Now then, the guy in the shop told me to extract it every time I'm using my laptop on AC. However, that seems a bit annoying and dangerous: I wouldn't want to break the slot or anything. So the question is: in your experience, how do you actually keep your battery in good health? Charging and discharging it completely all the time, extracting it, or whatever? You know, a laptop may last not long, but change battery every less than two years, is quite expensive in the end.

It depends of your battery's type. But I think he's right.
You may find this link usefull:
http://www.buchmann.ca/Chap10-page6.asp
--
Olivier
Retirer le .no.spam de mon adresse pour me répondre