Re: battery

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:30:03 +0100 (CET)
Alessandro Speranza <speranza@math.unifi.it> wrote:

> Hi guys.
::snip? SNIP!::
> Second question, laptop specific.
> This morning I went battery shopping for my laptop (compaq presario 700).
> It cost me 145 euro+vat, and I had to buy, because the other one was
> completely done. Now then, the guy in the shop told me to extract it every
> time I'm using my laptop on AC. However, that seems a bit annoying and
> dangerous: I wouldn't want to break the slot or anything. So the question
> is: in your experience, how do you actually keep your battery in good
> health? Charging and discharging it completely all the time, extracting
> it, or whatever? You know, a laptop may last not long, but change battery
> every less than two years, is quite expensive in the end.

What type of battery is it?  I have a Toshiba 2775XDVD that I got in 2000.  The battery died a little less than a year ago (it lasted a little over 3 years).  It was a Li-Ion.  I never removed the battery or anything like that.  My advice is just to make sure the battery doesn't fully discharge (although most new batteries have circuitry to prevent this).

--
| There are only 10 types of people in this world:  |
|   those who understand binary, and those who      |