TuxMobil News 01/2004

    Hello,

    finally I am back from LinuxSolutions.FR in Paris, sorry for the
    delay of the TuxMobil News digest. Anyway the digest for
    January 2004[1] has again good news for Linux PDA, mobile phone
    and laptop users. Here is an extract of the most important messages.

    Werner Heuser <wehe_at_tuxmobil.org>

|=| To me one of the most important messages was about a decision
    the biggest Japanese phone company has made. NTT DoCoMo canceled
    the mobile phone Joint Venture with Microsoft in favor
    of the Symbian and Linux operating system[2]. Also a study by
    the Zelos group states "Linux headed for worldwide smartphone
    domination[3]. See more about Linux on mobile phones at
    TuxMobil[4].

|=| The MAC-OS X applications on Zaurus project[5] seeks developers.
    Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller reports progress in the mySTEP project to run
    MacOS X applications on the Sharp Zaurus. And Gentoo is now
    available for the Zaurus Linux PDAs[6].

|=| Gentoo For Zaurus - (0.2.1)

    [1] http://tuxmobil.org/mobile_news_2004_01.html
    [2] http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/hps-30.01.04-000/
    [3] http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8826793405.html
    [4] http://tuxmobil.org/phones_linux.html
    [5] http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3364064037.html
    [6] http://www.opensistemas.com/Gentoo_for_Zaurus.715.0.html

You may find the daily TuxMobil News RSS/XML channel, the archiv and
a news submission form at http://tuxmobil.org/newsfeed.html

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Berliner Str. 122 = D-13187 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe at tuxmobil.org>     T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86