Re: buy new laptop

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 11:12:43AM +0100, Ottavio Campana wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:08:24PM +0000, Fusco Francesco wrote:
> >
> > Could you tell me what is the best laptop to buy for working linux?
> > What's about the Acer TM803? It is well-supported?
>
> I just bought an acer 291LMi. everything works.
>
> The only problem is that the video card works with the vesa driver and
> not with i810. But it is supported in xfree 4.3 and I' just waiting for
> a xfree 4.3 deb (I don't want to use the package from experimental...)

Just as a note. Its very stable afaik and many people are using it. If
I am not mistaken the only reason that its still in experimental and
hasn't made it to testing/unstable is because it still doesn't support
all the platforms that debian can run on (at least to a degree that the
maintainer will be satisfied with yet).
Considering that 4.4 rc is already out, it should be stable ;-)