Re: Upgrade Dell D600 BIOS from A05 to A09?

Pål Dahle wrote:
Hi,

I have a Dell D600 laptop with BIOS version A05. I have just downloaded
the A09 and wonder whether or not I should do the upgrade.

I have never upgraded a BIOS before. May I screw something up?

My ultimate goal is to get rid of the kernel message

"Dell Latitude with broken BIOS detected. Refusing to enable the local APIC"

Cheers,
Paal

I have a dell i 8000. several people mentioned that after the bios upgrade apm did not work well anymore. so many people do not upgrade.

(a also have the "refusing to use local apic" message)

greetings,
	tilo