Dell Latitude CPi

I'm trying to install Debian 3.0r1 (I think this is Woody) on a Dell CPi
A400Xt, and am having two problems, Any help would be appreciated.

1. Gnome is unable to detect the video adapter and monitor correctly, I've
tried several different configurations in the manual selection, but nothing
give a good display.

2. The network card is a Xircom pcmcia Realpport modem + Ethernet cardbus
adapter. What Debian seems to be finding is only the modem part of the card.

Any clues would help.
Thanks
Bob Grabbe
bobg@ameritech.net