Re: buy new laptop

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 09:09:02AM +0000, Fusco Francesco wrote:
<snip/>
> What's about the noise of this nb?
> It is a silent notebook?
> Actually i have a Sony Vaio GRV516G and the fan is always on!!!

I'm not using cpufreqd, so I don't know how loud it is with dynamically
adopted performance-settings(When I boot windows, though, the fan just
starts quite often).

Most of the time, however, I just run the cpu at 800MHz (Second slowest
of 5 states between 0(1600MHz) and 4(600MHz)), and the Fan hardly ever
starts up. When I want to be sure that it doesn't start up, I simply set
the cpu to 600MHz, which is normally fast enough, anyway;-)

Greetings,
  Johannes