Hotplug USB and 2.6

Since upgrading to 2.6 I've had some wierd behavior with Hotplug and my
usb mouse.  Specificly when I boot hotplug is started however I have no
responce from my mouse (it being an optical mouse, I have no lights on
it).  When I login and do an "/etc/init.d/hotplug restart" the mouse then
comes up.  At first I thought this was due to hotplug not starting at the
correct time, so I changed it in the boot order with no luck.

Any suggestions?