Network problem after sleeping on PPC

Good evening,

I owe an Powerbook (so called Pismo edition).  I offers an 10/100 MBit
(autosensing) internal ethernet NIC.  I'm running both Debian and
MacOS but most of the time Debian.

Everything worked fine for a long time and I didn't change anything in
the software / hardware configuration.  Last week my LAN was switched
from 10 MBit to 100 MBit.  (To be verbose: my network connection was
patched to an new switch.)  Since than it happens to me, that the
ethernet has problems after awaking from sleep.  For example: the
computer runs on battery, the battery drops and the computer decides
to go to sleep.  I plug on the external power cord an press any key.
The computer awakes again.  Than I can read on the console, that eth0
is being brought UP again.  Some seconds later, eth0 is down again,
seconds later it is up again.  This loop seems to run for eternity.  I
rebooted the machine after having waited for a prompt or login on
console for about a quarter hour.

I didn't have this problem, when I used a 10/100 MBit switch, while
being served with 10 MBit.

Has anybody had this kind of problem.  What solutions might be
applicapable?

Thanks in advance

        Jan