Re: XF86Config-4 on TP 760EL

* David Woyciesjes <dwoyciesjes@comcast.net> [2003 Jan 31 16:46 -0600]:
> Okay, I'm starting to get stumped...
>
> 	I've gotten Debian 3.0r1 installed on my Thinkpad 760EL (80MB RAM, 1GB
> HDD). I've tried getting X running, to no avail. I've looked around the
> web, tried the TGUI9660, Cyber9320, and Cyber 93285 chip drivers.
> Nothing.
>
> 	Does anybody have a working XF86Config-4 file for the 760EL? Or can
> they point me in the right direction?

Hi David.

Only luck I ever had was with XFree 3.3.6.  Sorry.

I never had a chance to try XFree 4.2.x as the laptop is no longer in my
posession.  Perhaps you might try updating the system to Testing and
trying the 4.2.x packages.  There is likely older hardware that XFree
4.x will never support and my guess is the EL falls in that category.
Also, I was never able to get anything beyond 256 colors at 800x600.
Any attempt would leave an ugly gray hash along the bottom of the screen
and this was tried with two different ELs, so the problem appears to be
fundamental to the video chipset.

The ED runs XFree 4.2.x flawlessly, but you'll have no sound support.

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | sleeping giant and