Re: Experimental package available: ifupdown-roaming

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 16:20, Sam Clegg wrote:
> Great!.. i've been wanting this for ages.  Is this packages in
> exaperimental now?  Do you have any plans for wireless stuff
> like automatcially configuring devices when certain SSIDs are
> detected?

No, it's not in the experimental distro.  You can get the
latest package via
   http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/ifupdown-roaming.html

It will be easy to support everything that whereami supports
because we can simply copy over the scripts from that package
(Thanks, guys! :) and do a little tweaking to eliminate any
side effects on network configuration.  (Side effects are
OK in whereami, but not in a utility that wants to play
nicely with ifupdown.)

Since you have expressed interest in SSID detection, I'll
work on that today.

--
Thomas Hood <jdthood0@yahoo.co.uk>