Re: Results of configuring my sound card

Hi,

> When i try to insert a module into the kernel i always receive the answer:
> Can't locate modules opl3sa2, for this module. What can i do with this?
> Booting the system appears the same messages.. can't locate char-mod-....
> or can't locate sound-slot-0 ... I don't understand why.
>
> Of course, i have rewriten files /etc/modules/aliases and actions, with the
> parameters you gave me, but the system works in the same way than before.
> If you know what is the next alternative i have, please let me to know it.

do NOT forget "update-modules" - this is *needed* to propagate the changes
in the conf. files in /etc/modules into /etc/modules.conf. The latter file is
the one the module loader looks at, not the files in /etc/modutils; that's
Debian specific module configuration.

Have you tried completely removing isapnp support from the kernel?

Regards,
  Frank
 Frank Trenkamp                            ftrenkam at uos.de
 PGP fprt: 5A0C 4AE9 74A5 51F0 2D34  E7DC 67FF 32C4 0357 5653