Re: acer 630 weird mouse behavior & keyboard freeze

At 17:54 2003-01-27, Giuseppe Ciotta wrote:
hi! i have an acer 630 laptop, using it, sometimes (today happened 4 times) the mouse cursor do weird movements on the screen and the keyboard is unusable, the only solution is to kill XFree and restart it, and i lost all of my unsaved work :(
what could it be ?
i use a 2.4.21-pre3 + acpi kernel (but i had the same problem with 2.4.20 + acpi)
any ideas ? this really makes me impossible to work!

gpm often has some strange effects on mouse in X. If it also may affect the keyboard seems unlikely, but for the mouse problems, kill gpm.

//I
Ivar Alm             ! Where does Microsoft want to drag you today? !
Umeå, Sweden         ! Do you really want to go there?              !
http://www.octofingers.com