Re: Ugly web pages on satellite 2060cds

Hugo S. Carrer wrote:
>  I'm running woody (custom 2.4.18) on a Toshiba 2060cds. It
> has a S3 Virge/MX Graphics card Some times when I load a
> webpage on opera or galeon (XFree 4.1.0-16), parts of the
> page are just noise (random color dots following no pattern
> at all). When I scroll the page up un down the noise usually
> disappears only to appear at a diferent place. I'm guessing
> a misconfigured video board but don't know what to do. Any
> ideas? CU

I have to second with the exactly same problem on Compaq Presario
1200 with Trident Microsystems CyberBlade/i7d (rev 5c) and
konqueror (and many other KDE/X applications, but konqueror and
mozilla are by far the worst). Of course, I have trident driver
in /etc/X11/XFConfig-4:

   Section "Device"
      Identifier	"Trident Cyberblade (configured)"
      Driver		"trident"
      Option		"SWCursor" "on"
      BusID		"PCI:01:00:0"
   EndSection

Any thoughts on this?

   Thanks a lot,

      Matej

--
Matej Cepl,
Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

understand, v.:
    To reach a point, in your investigation of some subject,
    at which you cease to examine what is really present, and
    operate on the basis of your own internal model instead.