RE: Compaq Presario 905EA: soundcard

there is a fix for the soundcard bug. It is in the kernel starting from
2.4.21-pre3 .
As far as the IRQ routing conflicts go - it looks like the best way to get
IRQ ruting work properly
on this laptop is to use latest ACPI code from
http://www.sf.net/projects/acpi (I have pretty much the same laptop
and the combination of 2.4.21-per3 + acpi patches is what currently works
best for me.)
If you just want the patch for the soundcard you can find it in lkml
archives.

--
fedor.

----
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
		-- Samuel Goldwyn