Booting problems on an Toshiba Satellite 3000-514

Hello,

I had a fine running Toshiba Satellite 3000-514. Due to my stupidity I
killed all my kernel images.
No problem, so I'll boot from a rescue Disk and compile a new one...

Problem is: it doesn't boot neither from CD, nor from Floppy. I
installed it once, so I am pretty sure I had it booting somehow. The
installation disks with the 2.2.20 hang at "md driver 0.36.6
MAX_MD_DEV=4, MAX_REAL=8" and the bf2.4 hangs at "loop:  loaded (max 8
devices)".

I really have no clue what to do, any suggestions and unfortunately I
need this laptop tomorrow :-(

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

mfG Johannes