Re: cdrw/dvd, hdparm, and ide-scsi

indeed I have compiled it in - kernel 2.4.20, but it doesn't show up any
differently - are you sure your append matches that exactly?  I tried
various combinations figuring I must have typed something wrong.

I've got X with DFI and the whole 'shebang' working and playing DVDs - so
I know the sisfb is definately working, but it doesn't yield
high-resolution console.

-Martin N.

note: I haven't gotten winischhofer.net's sisfb patch to the kernel to
compile correctly, so I'm still using the builtin kernel sisfb/etc. - but
my understanding is that still wants it in this form.