Re: How to have more than one window manager?

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 01:23:49PM +0000, Ivan Uemlianin wrote:
> Thanks: selectwm gets me most of the way there.  However, it offers me a
> choice of zero window managers.  There is no example .selectwmrc file,
> no docs about how to put wm alternatives into .selectwmrc, and I can't
> get through to the homepage.
>
> Please could someone show me an example .selectwmrc file with a few
> alternative wms?  Then I'll be sorted.

You can configure selectwm from inside it.  When selectwm starts, right
click in the large white box.  Select "add item..." from the menu.
Under "Description" type what you want to show up in the large white
box. Under "Command" type the command (or use Browse to find the window
manager).

If you want my .selectwmrc, it's:

  # Automatically generated file.
  # Do not edit (or make a backup copy before doing so)
  twm=twm
  uwm=uwm
  oroborus=/usr/bin/oroborus
  wm2=/usr/X11R6/bin/wm2