Re: How to have more than one window manager?

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 08:00:06PM +0000, Ivan Uemlianin wrote:
>Dear All
>
>I'm not using a display manager, but I'd still like a choice of window
>manager when I startx.  How is this done?
>
>My boot up takes me to the console, where I login and start up X with
>'startx'.  I prefer it like this: I have not installed [gkx]dm or the X
>Window System task package.
>
>I have installed both Gnome and Fluxbox and I'd like to be able to run
>either.  How do I do this? 'startx' runs Gnome; 'startx fluxbox' gets
>this error message:
>
>/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm:  bad command line option "fluxbox"
>
>Any comments welcome

You could add something into your .xsession that does the right
thing. For example, pop up a query using xmessage asking which wm you
want and then run the right one.

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer