Re: netenv doesn't do anything at all

Johan Svedberg <winkle@acc.umu.se> wrote around 23 Jan 2003
[🔎] 20030123114242.GAfefd7.winkle@acc.umu.se:">news:[🔎] 20030123114242.GAfefd7.winkle@acc.umu.se:

> I think you are doing something wrong. However, you might want to try
> whereami instead.

No, not doing anything wrong. He just hasn't found the netenv documentation
in /usr/share/doc/netenv or hasn't read that documentation with any degree
of seriousness.

You have to "manually" set up a script to use the info in
/etc/netenv/netenv and there are examples given, such as
/usr/share/doc/netenv/network.opts

I would say that 'netnev' needs a documentation upgrade (needs an 'info'
and/or 'man' page too), though. That seems clear.

  HTH,
    Soren A

--
"So, tell me, my little one-eyed one, on what poor, pitiful,
defenseless planet has my MONSTROSITY been unleashed?"