help with pcmcia and wireless

Hi,

I was and still am having trouble trying to get my wireless Linksys WPC 11 card to work. Since I couldn't figure this out I thought I'd take my Laptop to LWE to get some help from the people maning the Debian boot. And I did get help and I really appreciate it. Great Job.

Unfortunately it is still not working as it was determined that I had to upgrade the kernel and since my laptop is not the fastest we ran out of time while compiling the kernel. I finished the compile and the required modules. But now when I reboot the pcmcia port does not get powered up at all, i.e. the cards in the pcmcia slots do not beep as they did before th upgrade.

I am now running the 2.4.20 kernel and the following is in /lib/modules/2.4.20/pcmcia

ds.o
hostap_cs.o
i82092.o
i82365.o
pcmcia_core.o
tcic.o
yenta_socket.o

I am not sure what other information is needed.

In summary there are two questions

How do I get pcmcia to work again?

Once that is done;How do I set up my wireless car to use WEP and come up at boot time?

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

--
Robert Schweikert                   MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
rjschwei@cox.net                               LINUX