netenv doesn't do anything at all

I've installed Woody on my Laptop and I found that
cute little package 'netenv', which allows to choose
a proper network-environment, depending on the location
I connect my machine, at boot-time.

The package seems to just write the chosen configuration
to a file called '/etc/netenv/netenv', but it doesn't
change my IP-address, gateway or anything else.

It all looks like some script should make use of the
settings within the 'netenv' file, but there is no
such script. And if I have to write it myself, why
should I use netenv at all?

Martin

--
Martin Henne