Re: got stuck in dpkg-available-cache

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Blars Blarson wrote:

> In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.4.33.0301161442070.8773-100000@hexane.ssi.swin.edu.au>
> tconnors@astro.swin.edu.au writes:
> >Try using 'apt-get update' along with the equivalent in dselect
See below.

> 'dselect update' is a superset of 'apt-get update', there's no need to
> do the 'apt-get update'.  (or use update from the dselect menu)

I do know this. And of couse I always did an "apt-get update" AND "dselect
update" before I tried "apt-get upgrade" oder "dselect select ...
install".

Although dselect uses apt, it seems to have it's own information cache,
which is not updated by performing apt-get update.

But anyway, I still have no clue how to clean up the mess that I caused in
both systems.

Bjoern