Re: video on toshiba satellite 1800-100

Thierry Benita wrote:
Hello everybody,

I want to use xine/mplayer or watever movie reader on my laptop, and can't get
it work.

The reader (xine) effectively reads the avi file. The sound is ok, the CPU is
40% used but the video view is like bad synchronized : it's like if several
frames were displayed in different places and the result is like a puzzle
(Quite hard to describe ; I hope this is clear ...). It's like if the sync was
bad.

I tried xine-check, but everything seems all rignt (result below).
I also tried to searsh google, but didn't find anything...

My debian is a Woody CDrom based.
The video ship is a Trident CyberbladeAi1 and is fully supported with XFree
4.1 . It is properly configured and glxgears works. Mtrr is activated. The kernel is a home-compiled 2.4.19 .

try the driver from http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh/
requires X4.2, though (look at www.apt-get.org for woody apt-get lines)

/frederik