Re: APM or KDE stupid bug, i guess...

On Friday 10 January 2003 12:11, Paulo Lopes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a Clevo 2700C and installed woody on it, and all stable packages
> from security.debian.org and new kernel and XFree from
> http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/packages/.
>
> I've compiled the kernel 2.4.20 and the bug is this:
>
> When i'm on batery power, everytime the KDE starts the PowerSavings
> the laptop just hangs, the image freezes, and even if i try i can't
> switch to text mode.

I don't exactly know what you mean with this, I know that with my laptop (HP
Omnibook 6000) there are a lot of problems with the 'standby' mode. If I
press the standby button and unplug my computer and then start it again, it
hangs.

What I have learned is that it has to do with a lot of unclear stuff in apm.
So the apm deamon is taking care of this. You could try to google for your
laptop and apm, just to see if others have come up with some kind of
solution. In the meantime I would turn off the power options in KDE.

Maybe others will come with better solutions.

Cheers,

Jord