Re: Problems with IrDA printing on Compaq Armada M700

> thanks for your tips - I read your FAQ before, but still can't make my
> priter work. `dmesg' says there are two ports: /dev/ttyS0 and
> /dev/ttyS2, and because I have only one serial port on the laptop, I
> suppose /dev/ttyS2 is IrDA port. I still get SOME response from the
> printer (i.e. the LED blinks from time to time), but that's all. I

Hi Lukasz,

sorry but there is much in the HOWTO what you don't mention:
- did you check the BIOS?
- did you check /etc/irda.conf ?
- did you restart IrDA then with /etc/init.d/irda restart ?
- did you watch irdadump then and is the printer recognized?
- are all the devices ircomm0, irlpt0 existing and do the bear
  the right major and minor number?
- did you try any debug options?
- what does dmesg or /var/log/messages tell you about the problem?

Werner

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Keplerstr. 11A = D-10589 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe_AT_mobilix.org>      T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86