Re: Problems with IrDA printing on Compaq Armada M700

Werner Heuser wrote:
BTW: I'm using `irattach /dev/ttyS2' - this is right, right? :-)

You may find detailed instructions how to find out which serial
device to use and how to handle printer connections in the
InfraRed-HOWTO http://mobilix.org/howtos.html

Werner

Werner,

thanks for your tips - I read your FAQ before, but still can't make my priter work. `dmesg' says there are two ports: /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyS2, and because I have only one serial port on the laptop, I suppose /dev/ttyS2 is IrDA port. I still get SOME response from the printer (i.e. the LED blinks from time to time), but that's all. I though maybe someone owns similar laptop and has the experience... :-)

Greetings from Den Haag,

--
Lukasz