Re: Netgear MA401 (wireless network card) trouble

Dear Karl,

I've got indeed the same problem, but unfortunately I can't pull my NIC out (onboard). But ssh sessions seem very quick at fresh start but when more programs go on the same cable (www, mail etc), a new ssh session takes approximate 5 a 10 seconds before the password prompt appears... but when it connects the speed is normal is okee, thus no delays in the newly created connection. I don't know if this is the same problem what you got since you obviously experience the slobbyness during the ssh session.

Maybe you can try to run a program like wmnd (netdiag for windowmaker) to see if your NIC-bandwidth is fully used.

Further more try ssh sessions with the option -C , this enables compression.

grtz Asim

Karl Eklund wrote:

Sometimes (maybe once every day) the transfer speed goes down to about
12 kB/s (the connection is much faster) and it's slow to do several
things at the same time (for example, an SSH terminal session becomes
very slow if files are transferred at the same time). It is remedied
by pulling out the card and inserting it again.  It has been going on
since I installed the card, with Linux versions 2.4.18, 2.4.19 and
2.4.20.  Is this a known problem?