ACPI X APM was:: suspend to disk on compaq 1200

Hi,

	No way! maybe loading the kernel only could be faster, but what
about X, and all those blinky docks on my desktop? :-) Suspend to disk is
fast on my laptop.

	But I'm at a crossroad know. I had to choose between acpi or
apm. If I choose ACPI I got temperature, battery status, correct shutdown,
but no suspend to disk. If I choose APM I got battery status, suspend to
disk, but no temperature and no shutdown (the machine reboot instead of
shutdown!).
	I tried to configure lm_sensors to be able to get temperature, fan
speed, etc, but seems that the via686 is not well supported, and reports
inconsistent temperature (well at -69C my cpu must be frozen!).

	Christian Lyra