From: Bill Moseley [mailto:moseley@hank.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 9:26 AM
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: sleep/suspend on Toshiba 2805-S302

I might have a few hours today for my laptop setup.

Is it possible to get sleep/suspend to work on this laptop?  And is it even
worth it, battery wise?

  apm -S

seems to work, but then within a second or two the laptop wakes up.

On the other hand,

  apm -s

seems to put it in suspend (the power light slowly flashes orange), but the
system does not come back when I press the power button again.  It attempts
to restart, so it seems, but after a few seconds the LCD fades white in the
center -- and that doesn't look too good.

Do I need a special disk partition for suspend?  I've never seen one when
looking at the partition tables.  WinME is still on the machine and it can
"Stand By" and restore still.

$ fgrep APM /boot/config-2.4.18-xfs-laptop
CONFIG_APM=m
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE is not set
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
# CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
# CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org