Fw: Re: IrDA on Nec VXI

On Wed, 07 Aug 2002 12:20:40 +0200, Werner Heuser <Werner.Heuser@web.de> wrote:

  | > IRDADEV=/dev/ttyS3
  | > How can I know if the SIR is correct ?
  | search with dmesg for tty devices and guess the one that is
  | the IrDA port, also look up the BIOS if there is FIR disable it

I have no FIR in my AMIBIOS. Only a Serial IR that I set to auto
for the IRQ/MEM  settings.

  | > Aug  7 11:18:25 tanna irattach: tcsetattr: Input/output errors
  |
  | looks like you have to use setserial to set
  | /dev/ttyS3 to uart none (or even another option like irq 3, but
  | this is sort of guesswork), ttyS3 is not common usually
  | ttyS1 or ttyS2 is used for IrDA, please check again,
  | and maybe disabling other services: PCMCIA, sound, etc.
  | helps to debug the problem

I have made a test

 	SIR disabled       : no ttyS03 detected
	SIR enabled (auto) : ttyS03 detected

So, the ttyS3 seems to be my SIR :-)

	ttyS0 is my db9 serial connector
	ttyS1 is my PCMCIA modem card
	ttyS2 is unknown but I have a winmodem in my laptop !:-)
	      it's not configured in linux but !
	ttyS3 seems to be my SIR

"irda start" works if I put the irdadev to ttyS0 !:-|

Do I have to insmod other driver like
  - toshoboe.o
  - smc-ircc.o
  - nsc-ircc.o