Re: Re: IrDA on Nec VXI

Hi,

after reading this thread I decided to once again try to get IrDA running on my laptop.

I tried to find out which device it is using and got the following output:

$ dmesg | grep tty
ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
ttyS03 at 0x02e8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
ttyS1: LSR safety check engaged!
ttyS1: LSR safety check engaged!
ttyS02 at port 0x03e8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
ttyS1: LSR safety check engaged!
ttyS1: LSR safety check engaged!

According to the BIOS (IRQ, address) it should be ttyS03.

But this ttyS03 is confusing to me. What is the difference to ttyS3? Do I have to create /dev/ttyS03 (and if yes, how) ?

Regards,
Thomas
Den Komfort von WEB.DE FreeMail nutzen, aber die alten E-Mail-Adressen nicht
aufgeben? Kein Problem: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021128