Re: The screen is not centered on my laptop

At 12.52 01/08/2002 -0400, you wrote:

> Michele
It sounds like it's using a framebuffer display, and not doing it
gracefully.  The framebuffer for some video cards is just not that
mature yet, unfortunately, so if you don't need it, you can disable it
and get a nice text display.  If you do need a framebuffer, e.g.,
non-ASCII text display and the like, you might see if card's framebuffer
driver has been fixed in a newer kernel.  There are also modelines you
can pass to the framebuffer to get it to display better -
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb/framebuffer.txt for details on passing
them to the kernel at boot time.
HTH,
Steve
--
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

I looked at the framebuffer-HOWTO but i couldt understand anything... much to complicated for my newbye's skills. I' dont think i need a framebuffer, but i have no idea of what it really is or how i can manage them.
Can any of you tell me some good starting doc?
Bye

Michele