Re: lphdisk difficulties restoring hibernation partition

Mark R. Millsap [mmillsap@va.adelphia.net] wrote:

> Recommended partition size is 132 MB
> parse_table: Partition 1 overlaps with Partition 0!
> Unable to parse partition table.
>
> Can someone clue me into why this isn't working...  and why the recommended
> partition size is 132 MB.  I understand from the lphdisk docs that the
> recommended partition size is amount of RAM (I've 92 MB RAM) plus 10-15 MB
> for video RAM, hense my hda3 partition size of 115 MB.
>
> I would love to have a hibernation partition back.  Any Help???  Thanks

well like it says on the tin, you need 132Mb.  There is also a darn
ineffient filea allocation sort of thing table to be bolted on to that,
that can in itssefl be many mb's.  Have you actually tried a 132Mb
partition for hibernation, if you haven't they you really need to read
the error a bit carefully,  I recommend the bit that says "Recommended
partition size is 132 MB" :P

Alex

--
( BOFH excuse #73: )