Re: Random crashes with testing on IBM T22

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 10:18:48PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> Things I'd check:
>
>   - Memory.
Hmm, should I try memtest86
>   - Swap partition corruption.
How do I test that?
>   - System logs.
They are absolutely empty. The first indication I get in the logs is when the
machine reboots.
>   - Speedstep.  I've had bad luck with this.  Is your CPU Speedstep
>     enabled?  Try disabling this in BIOS.  In my case, a flakey power
>     supply lead to toggling of system power state, and Speedstep status,
>     which would eventually hose the system.

Interesting, I don't think the machine has ever crashed on me while running
on battery. I will try that.
>   - Reiser.  I'm not sure how 2.4.5 sits WRT Reiser, but there's a long
>     history of problems.  Your situation doesn't match descriptions I've
>     heard.

I run XFS, Reiser isn't even compiled into my kernel.

--
Martin Skøtt
martin@z3n.dk