kernel 2.4.9 and pcmcia flash memory

Hi, yes, it's me again.

Kernel 2.4.9, pcmcia enabled and working for the ethernet card,
I plugged in my camera flash card last night and it would not
mount:

mount -t vfat /dev/hde1 /flash

"/dev/hde1: no such device"

I am not at the machine right now, so I don't have access to
the cardinfo &etc output, but it did detect the card and flash,
and reported correctly that it was a "ata ide fixed disk".

Did the location change under the new kernel? Is there yet
another module with some completely unrelated name that I didn't
know to load?

Pointers welcome.

Curt-

---
September 11th, 2001
The proudest day for gun control and central planning
advocates in American history.