Re: Random crashes with testing on IBM T22
- To: Jeremy Zawodny <Jeremy@Zawodny.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Random crashes with testing on IBM T22
- From: Martin Skøtt <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 09:47:54 +0200
- Message-id: <20011001094754.A1862@martin>
- In-reply-to: <20010930212755.A11478@peach.zawodny.com>
- References: <20011001013136.B333@martin> <20010930212755.A11478@peach.zawodny.com>
On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 09:27:55PM -0700, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 01:31:36AM +0200, Martin Sk?tt wrote:
> > I got Debian testing running on my Thinkpad T22 a couple of months ago thanks
> > to this list and it has been working almost like a charm ever since :-)
> > The problem is that I am experiencing random lockups of the machine. The
> > machine blocks completely and the only thing I can do is to turn it off. There
> > is absolutely no response from the keyboard (the caps lock LED doensn't even
> > work!). Am I the only one experiencing this? It doesn't matter which app I'm
> > using at the time.
> > I'm using a custom 2.4.5 kernel with SGI XFS patched in. A journalised FS is
> > really nice on a machine that crashes every now and then :-)
> Try re-compiling your kernel with this option:
> It solved my problems on a TP600E with a new Travelstar 20GB drive.
Sorry I allready have this one.